Friday, January 4, 2008

Holiday Joy

Some joys of this holiday seasons:


Lights are always necessary (as well as a knowledge of the voltage changes, if you want to keep them…)


Christmas decorations- we inherited some of them from friends here and others from packages sent to us. Our presents from home are under it!


A couple of the girls here got together a Secret Santa system…I got the privilege of rounding up a few things for the cool girl, AP. Couldn’t have done it without Mom searching for the “perfect” Starbucks tea.


L got her very own Fulla doll!




We made a gingerbread house on Christmas Eve with the boys (much thanks to L’s Mom for the kit.)


What’s Christmas without the kiddos? I got to hear all about her Christmas dress.


He’s being a good steward. Let him be.


I got to wake up Christmas morning to this cool chick! She was excited about the Prince of Peace.


We got some pretty scary stocking stuffers, but something tells me this won’t be the last time you see these…




Nothing beats a good ole’ package from home! Thanks for remembering me!


Although this season was much different from the last, it was a blessed time. Today I was reminded of the verses given to me by my grandfather before I left. They spoke of the promise for those who leave home and family for His sake. “But he shall receive a hundred fold now in this time.” I realized how true it is that sisters and brothers have multiplied and what a joy it was to celebrate this Season, with family back home and others here. Hope your holidays were also filled with joy in His coming.

No comments: